Content and the ways of promoting it have evolved drastically in the past years. In 2008, content marketing was referred to just writing the blogs and upgrading the onsite blogs. But today, the entire scenario has changed as content has taken the form of everything be it imagery, videos, social media stories.
If you’re still not investing in any of such forms of content then you’re missing out on a lot. Content marketing has the potential to provide you with leads and better media relations too. But for that, you have to be updated about the latest content marketing statistics.
Here, we bring you some of the most interesting content marketing statistics that will help you fuel your campaigns for 2021.
Content Marketing Trends
- Content is considered to be an important business asset by almost 92% of marketers.
- When it comes to content, quality wins over quantity as 70% of people feel quality content is essential.
- While companies are always looking for cost-cutting, almost 52% of companies wish to increase their spending on content creation.
- One of the substantial challenges in content marketing is the lack of data (27%) and lack of strategy (28%).
- As few as 9% of people believe their strategy to be exceptional.
- With an employee strength of 5000 people or more, 62% of companies produce daily content.
- One of the most difficult things for almost 37.6% of marketers is to create engaging visual content consistently.
- PPC or SEM is used by almost 64% of B2B content marketers for content distribution.
- Many content marketers doubt their effectiveness as 38% of them rate their content marketing strategy as average.
- The most used visual contents are stock photography (40%) and infographics (37%).
- Social media is included as a distribution channel for content by a whopping 94% of content marketers.
- If brands are authentic, 91% of consumers are ready to reward them for it.
List Of Content Marketing Statistics:
Content Marketing Strategy Statistics
- Although content marketing is so popular, still only 42% of organizations think their content marketing efforts are sophisticated.
- The most popular Google search related to content marketing in 2019 was “content marketing strategy”.
- 54% of companies consider generating quality leads to be one of the biggest difficulties with content marketing.
- Even at this point, only 41% of content marketers possess a well-documented content marketing strategy. Well, this number goes up to 69% but only in top companies.
- Only 1 to 3 content specialists consists of a content team in almost 78% of the companies.
- Everyone acts as they care for customers, but only 42% of B2B content marketers spoke to customers regarding their content needs.
B2C Content Marketing
- The top three types of content B2C marketers used in 2018 and 2019 are Social media (94%), blog posts/short articles (80%) and email newsletters (74%).
- A majority of 55% of B2C marketers outsource their content marketing.
- Almost 26% of B2C marketers income is dedicated to content marketing. While some of them also dedicate a whopping 40%.
- From the year 2017 -2018, there has been a 69% increase in audio/visual content usage for B2C marketers.
- This is quite shocking, but 40% of B2C marketers check their competitors only once a year.
Content Marketing ROI Strategy
- Generating more quality leads, traffic to company websites, and improving brand reputation are the three most important goals of content marketing in 2020.
- Last year, 81% of companies decided on maintaining and increasing their content marketing investment in 2020.
- 56% of marketers either said “no” or “unsure.” when they were asked about tracking their content marketing ROI.
- The marketers who did track it, 59% of them rated their ability to be as “excellent” or “very good.”
- In 2020, 95% of video marketers plan to increase or maintain their spending on videos.
Video Content Marketing
- Videos have helped almost 83% of people in lead generation process.
- In 2020, 59% of non-video marketers are expected to add and use Videos as their marketing tool.
- 85% of Video marketers have used Youtube in 2019. With this, Youtube is still one of the most loved platforms by video marketers.
- Video is one of the most important parts of the marketing strategy. Almost 92% of those who use videos believe in the same.
- 80% of marketers say that videos have helped them in increasing their sales, while 87% of them say that it has increased traffic to their website.
- 79% of Video marketers use Facebook, but still, it has become effective and has also been a success among 85% of people.
- While 64% of B2B consumers are willing to spend 10 minutes or less watching video content. Only 63% of them are willing to watch 20-60 minutes videos if it’s a webinar.
- In 2019, 87% of LinkedIn video marketers considered it to be a successful channel. With this, LinkedIn became one of the most effective channels for video marketers.
Content Marketing Medium & Tactics
- After guides and “how-to” articles, the blogs that attract the most traffic and shares are none other than listicles.
- Stock photography/videography is used by 62% of marketers for their content.
- LinkedIn is being used by 95% of B2B marketers for organic content marketing. Talking about social media platforms, Twitter stands first at 86%, Facebook at 83%, YouTube at 53%, and Instagram at 46%.
- Emails are still a way of communicating for almost 87% of marketers, whereas 45% of them are still using storytelling.
- As few as 7% of B2B marketers make use of chatbots in their marketing, whereas 4% of them are using AI.
- When talking about incorporating interactive features into content, only 23% of marketers are doing the same. Well, this number rises to 37% among top marketers.
- Video is still considered to be the hardest type of content to produce by 81% of marketers.
- Almost 20% of non-video marketers avoid using videos for marketing because they find it to be too expensive.
- Video is used as a marketing tool by a whopping 85% of businesses.
- 70% of marketers say that content with visuals performs much better than the ones without visuals.
When compared to earlier times, the importance of content marketing has increased more than ever. So, make sure to pay the utmost attention to your content and content marketing. In these times of COVID -19, it is one of the most efficient ways to be in touch with your audience.
No matter how amazing your content and Content Marketing is, but if it’s not updated then you’ll be at a huge loss. So, ensure to have a look at these content marketing statistics for making a breakthrough appearance or a return in 2021.
We hope this blog on Content Marketing Statistics will provide you with the guidance and support you need to make your future campaigns successful.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to share it in the comments.